7 year old having persisting fever, pain in the calves. Normal blood and urine report. Could this be due to dehydration?

My 7 year old son has had a persistant fever for almost five days now. We ve been treating him with antipyretics which lowers his fever but the fever still won t break.Today he woke up saying his calves hurt really bad and he needed help to walk. He hasn t wanted to walk all day because everytime he tries he says it hurts his calves. We took him to an urgent care clinic yesterday when he still just had the fever. They took urine and blood . Said everything looked good. The re going to culture his urine for the next two days and said if he got worse or if the fever hadn t broke in two days to bring him back in. We called the nurse at the urgent care today to let them know about the leg pain and the fever is still there and they said to bring him in tomorrow still if it s not better. My son hasn t been wanting to eat or drink as much as normal and of course I ve figured that was due to the fever. We ve been trying to push fluids as much as possible but it still isn t as much fluid intake as we would like. I m wondering if the calf pain could be due to dehydration . Is that a possibility? My main concern is this fever that will not break, but now that he s having this calf pain as well, I m very concerned. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012