7 1/2 month old having high fever, took Cefdinir, Zithromax, red throat as allergy. What to do ?

My 7 1/2 month old son has been fighting an on & off 99° to 100° fever for about 2 weeks. We have seen his pediatrician 3 times now. At first he was on Cefdinir for ten days with no help. Then he was on Zithromax for 5 days. Our second visit showed a cleared up ear infection but an allergic reaction to Zithromax. She also noticed a red throat. She did a CBC and she determined he had a viral infection. Nothing more they could do but in a few days he sbould be better. That was on Monday. And from Monday to Friday he has had a decreased appetite and now(Sat morning) he has a 99° fever again. A warm head and abdomen but cool feet & hands. What in the world seems to be happening to my once happy and good eating baby??
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012