5 year old throwing up blood, what could the blood be from ?

My 5 year old son throws up blood every time he gets sick, what could the blood be from?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Throwing up blood or haematemesis is seen bleeding from gastrointestinal tract which needs further investigation like endoscopy.

Sometimes coughing out blood, and bleeding from nose which can he swallowed and which later gets throwed up. For this reason rule out that it is not from nose. Bleeding from nose in common in children and gastrointestinal bleeding in rare in children.

Examination by an ENT specialist would be the correct step ahead.

Take Care.