5 year child unable to move neck. Swollen lump found behind tonsils. Hurts to touch. What could this be?

hi my doughter is 5 yrs old.she told me she cant turn her neck left and right,mostly on one side,i thought it was becouse she slept on it wrong and got a crink so i was massageing her neck n there was a big hard swollen knot lump on her left side of her neck but it was closer to back of her neck on the side,but bhind her tonsils.she said she can swallow fine but it hurts if i touch it and if she turns her neck to that side.what could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012