44 years old. Noticed a soft tissue in periods. Any health problem?

Sir, my wife is about 44 years old , married at age of 22 having 4 children , elder son 22 and youngest daughter 15 years, now for last 2 years she c/o gap in mens cycle for 4 to 5 months off and on. Today she saw small piece of soft tissue in menses and now a bit large piece. Now she is worried , what was that. Can you please answer,
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Well come to HCM
As long as the irregular period is concern this may be due to age and chances of menopause is very likely, but the unusual tissue like material found in per vagina then this need to be taken seriously and needs clinical examination and some investigation to rule out some uterine disease which are age related, hope this information helps, take care, have a nice day.