4 year old with coughing spells. Pneumonia? Has problems with adenoids and tonsils

Hi I have a four year old grandson who about every 4 months goes through a 5 day coughing spell. After the 5 days he is better until the next time. He is on Zyrtec for a while and was just given an inhaler . We have had to take him to the er about 4 times and they say he has pneumonia . The last time the er doctor says his tonsils looked pretty big but did not seemed to worried. So my question is could this maybe be a problem with his ADENOIDS AND TONSILS.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013