3year old with fever, rashes on the body. Steroid given for viral fever. Is it safe?

my 3 years girl had high fever, temperature raised to about 4.5 than on giving calphol, lowered the temp. to a very little then again was rising within 4 hours. lastly red, some round, some rectangular, some rectangular or of different shapes rashes also appeared.....we had to admit her hospital...after different tests doctir told us it to be a viral fever and with saline gave a steroid, 4 doses....will it harm my baby..?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013