3rd degree Hemorrhoids, Stapled haemorrhoidectomy or Open haemorrhoidectomy ?

Hi Doctor My father is suffering from Hemorrhoids of 3rd degree (Written on prescription slip by doctor:-lapse primary int. pils, free pils). Now the confusion arises whether to go for Stapler haemorrhoidectomy or Open haemorrhoidectomy. I have consulted 2 doctors. Doctor at Army Base Hospital Delhi Cantt suggested for Open haemorrhoidectomy as permanent solution while other suggested Stapler haemorrhoidectomy. Please guide providing pros & cons of both techniques. Regards Vicky
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012