38 week of pregnancy, having severe pains in pelvis, groin. No relief with heatpacks, paracetamol. Suggestions?

I m 35+3 weeks pregnant (2nd pregnancy), I am experiencing server pains through my pelvis and groin , and getting what feels like period pains in my tummy. My belly is not hardening like with braxton hicks or contractions, but the pain is cripling. I have been told by my midwife that the baby s head is down and to expect the feeling of pressure, but this feels different and more extreme than previously felt. I am taking regular paracetamol , have tried heat packs, hot shows and massage to relieve the pain tonight (and other forms on previous occasions of late), but nothing seems to be helping. Any advise?
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012