37 yr old, on thyroxine, having irregular periods, pain in left breast before cycles. Medications ?

i am 37 and am on thyroxine 50 mcg from last 12 years. From last one year my periods have been irregular, I bleed for 1 or 2 days after 2 weeks of my last periods (generally its very mild). I also have mild pain in my left breast before this mid cycle bleeding ,which goes within 4-5 days.this time however i;m bleeding from last 7 days and having pain in left shoulder and armpit.... kindly help
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Your mid-cycle spotting is more likely to be due to ovulation and so is the breast tenderness, due to hormones. Yet, persistence of the pain and radiation to the shoulder and armpit calls for further evaluation. You need a proper clinical examination by a specialist, a complete hormone profile, blood counts, urinalysis and a trans-vaginal sonogram to assess the situation and plan further management. If you are euthyroid with the current dosage, this may be continued. Please maintain a healthy weight and a healthy diet. Hope this helps.