37 year old overweight. Stopped smoking and alcohol consumption. Having chest pain. Should I be worried?

Hi, I am 37 years old and overweight . I gave up smoking 2 1/2 years ago and go weeks without an alcoholic drink. For about the last 2 weeks I have been getting these aches in the centre of my chest . They come on every now and again and sometimes last a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes. I do not get them as much when I am active (working or exercising) and do not cause me real discomfort.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012