36 weeks pregnant, suffering from contractions. On procardia, dilated cervix. How to treat sharp vaginal pain on walking?

Ok well im 36 weeks pregnant with my second child, i went to labor and delivery last week due to haveing contraction. They said i was dilated 2cm and gave me procardia to stop my contraction. As of monday i started contracting and once again started contracting still i was 2cm. Im haveing very bad sharp pain when i walk in my vagina but i cant go back to labor and delivery till my water brakes i was told. so can you please help me?.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
This sounds like preterm labour.
You should go to the ER and insist on hospitalization and intravenous uterine relaxants.