35 weeks pregnant, leg cramps, muscles constricting, numbness in the leg, stabbing pain near the right breast. Labor?

Hi, I am 35 weeks and 2 days pregnant- first time pregnant, and 23 years old. I have an appointment in the morning because I ve been having horrible leg cramps to where I can hardly walk, mainly towards the groin area, and it feels like my muscles are consstricting. Standing, walking, nor sitting helps. My doctor told me to take two tums and eat a banana before I go to bed; that s helped some. However, this morning, I woke up with my whole right leg feeling numb- the feeling of it about to fall asleep. And, it stayed like that all day-the main focus of the numbing sensation is in the hip area- standing nor sitting helps, and I ve tried to elevate my feet , and I was wondering if that was any signs of a possible blood clot? I am concerned because I have been to the L&R a couple times with contractions. I am also experiencing a sharp stabbing pain in my upper right rib cage where my right breast is, and I was wondering if that was any symptom of labor, or just the baby s position? The baby s been dropped for about 1.5 months, and as of last week I am dilated 1 cm and almost completely effaced.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012

If it was 1cm dilated with total effacement then they are true labour pains

Best wishes