32 weeks pregnant, getting odd smell of burnt rubber. Was in hospital for shortened cervix and preterm contractions. Reason?

I was in the hospital for 6 weeks during this pregnancy due to shortened cervix and preterm contractions. Most of the time I was on magnesium sulfate . I am at home now on no medications , just on strict bed rest. I m 32 weeks pregnant today. While in the hospital weeks ago, I noticed a weird burnt rubber/weird smell.. Not necessarily with any discharge or fluid though. No itching or anything either. We thought it was probably from the medicines I was on. For the past couple days the exact same odd smell is back. I don t know how else to describe it except its like nothing I ve ever smelled before. Any ideas what this could be and why I had it a while ago and it s back again? Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012