3 year old having frequent cold and cough with wheezing. Prescribed with omnacortil and salbutamol. Is the dosage high for a child?

Hello, My 3 year old daughter has cold an cough through out the year. this has been the case for the last 18 months She has good 7-10 days in a month and the remaining days she has could an cough with varied severity. Low being just cold and slowly heavy cough with wheezing . Couple of days ago our pediatrician prescribed Omnacortil (Predenisolone) 5mg / 5ml 3 times a day for 5 days Along with it Salbutamol 5mg / 5ml 3 times a day for 5 days Cefixim 100 2 times a day for 5 days Isnt this a high dose for 3 year old and a steroid Please advice. NOTE: Investigations for adenoids was done and the results were negative
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012