28 year old with no periods. Have pelvic pressure, bloating, pain. Detected with multiple cysts. No PCOS. Should I be worried?

Hi, I m a 28 year old seemingly healthy female. Two years ago I stopped having a period. I did not have one for almost a year and a half. When I started having them again they got shorter and shorter apart (28 days went to 19 in between). When I went to the doctor for pelvic pressure, bloating , and pain, they discovered multiple cysts . After every blood test came back negative for PCOS and I didn t fit the physical profile, I was told I should go on birth control to keep new cysts from forming. Four months later I went back to the doctor because of worsening pain/symptoms. An ultra sound revealed they are still there. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012