25 year old with severe hair loss and gray hair. Due to washing hair frequently?

Hi Doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I am having concerns with my hair. Before going to college, I had a decent good looking hair but now, my hair looks much worse than a horse tail. I also have grey hairs too, I have been hitting in the gym on the week days and after my workout, my hair feels like i have taken bath in sweat. I cant be without taking a head shower. So could this be the reason for this reduced hair volume? Please help me!
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013