23 year old, have long hair, never had hair in food, experience strands of hair tugging out of anus. How?

Hi I am a 23 year old female with long hair and sometimes I find one or two of my long hairs in my anus but I am a very clean person and never have hair in my food. I feel it when I wipe myself when going to the bathroom and pull on it thinking it is a loose hair and end up tugging it out of my anus. How is this happening?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Hi Golden,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
You seem to be a very anxious person.
The persons with anxiety neurosis tend to have a shallow sleep and during this time pull their hair and may swallow them without knowledge.
You should get yourself evaluated by a psychiatrist and get the matter sorted out and treated because at times the swallowed hair may form a trichobezoar in stomach causing obstruction and may need surgery.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!