20 weeks pregnant having terrible menstrual like cramps. How to stop this pain ?

Woke at 1am with terrible menstrual like cramps I m 20 weeks pregnant I was able to fight through it and sleep a few more hours but I m up again at 5:30 getting ready for work and they are coming back! Also when I urinated this morning it was dark (maybe vitamins ) idk i have had 2 previous births never have experienced this. Also I have to go to work today so really looking for any advice to stop this pian so I can do my job well today! Also my Dr is out of town and I do not trust any other Dr in this town!!! They r terrible and generally cause more harm than good however I will drive to next town if I must!
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

While this might just be related to "round ligament pain" or change in fetal position, the level of pain that you are describing is concerning and must be checked out. You might have a bladder infection which more easily becomes complicated in pregnancy. Find someone today!

I hope this helps. If you require a more detailed answer, please use the Premium service.