2 year old with bleeding from ear. Grommets inserted in the ear. On antibiotics for ear infection. No pain

My 2 yo daughter had grommets inserted last November. Last week I noticed her ear was weeping and took her to the doctor. The doctor sais there was no infection but had water in there. I noticed my daughters ear was bleeding from the inside yesterday afternoon. I took her to the emergency dep. at the hospital and doctor diagnosed her with her with an ear infection and put her on antibiotics . This morning, the ear was still bleeding and more than what it was lastnight. She doesn t seem to be in any pain. Could an infection cause bleeding?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013