18 years old, prediabetic, not overweight. Doing regular exercise. How can I prevent diabetes?

I am 18 and I just found out I have prediabetes . I m kind of freaking out and don t know what to do. I didn t think I was overweight but I ve been exercising every day intensively for my whole life. I ve been trying really hard to lose weight and I did well up to a few years ago when I got depressed because my grandma died and a bunch of other stuff happened. I want to get back on track and I also just want to know how much weight I should lose to lower my risk of diabetes and even if I do lose it, how likely it will be that I won t develop diabetes.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012