18 year old having acid reflux. Prescribed with Apo-ranitidine. Have heart burn, nausea and chest pain. Need to take medication?

I am 18 and I was prescribed Apo- Ranitidine 150 mg for acid reflux yesterday but am skeptical about taking it. I used to get heart burn on occasion and now-a-days I do not get it anymore, very rarely I get a chest pain that feels like pressure and I will burp for a bit, and sometimes when I burp I can feel throw up coming up my throat but it always goes back down. While that happens I do not have a burning sensation. Does that still sound like acid reflux? Should I take the Ranitidine?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012