17 years old, thin, suffering from anxiety, unable to gain weight. Can anxiety attacks cause weight loss?

I am 17, and have a question about anxiety ...I am underweight and my doc wants me to gain weight but I cant seem to. Its not the doc i can ask this kind of question too, but I am thinking that my anxiety may be keeping me from gaining any weight. I am counting calories to track my progress, How many calories can I lose from a small anxiety attack moderate attack and heavy attack? If you need too know my higth and all that, I am 5 -8 , female, and i do excersize a moderate amount.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012