16 year old girl, masturbation addiction, unable to control emotions, crying, sadness. Treatment?

hi,im a 16 yrs old girl who has started doing masturbation-since 3 weeks ago- and I really want to get rid of that it has caused me a lot of bad effects,it just makes me so sad and even cry afterward,I really don t wanna do that but i cant help myself,it s like im doing it automatically... may you help me sir/madam?...I m really in need of your help now thanks...
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Hello. Welcome to hcm
I understand your concern. Masturbation is safe way and in no way harmful to us unless it is done repeatedly but studies have been inconsistent. It is hard to control ones urges. If you feel sad by doing it,the best way to manage is by counting the number of times you do it and slowly decreasing as the days go by. It cannot be managed in a day or two.
Also, there is no need to cry for this. Tell yourself that it is normal and you will control this urge slowly but surely.
All the best