15yr old. Not started menstruation. Extra pink skin in vaginal hole. What could it be?

Hi there. I am a 15 year old female, I have not started my period yet nor have I ever had sex or anything like that. However, one day a few months ago I noticed something weird in my vagina hole . It looks like some pink skin is hanging out and completely covering the entrance of my vagina. For the longest time I thought it was my hymen , so it would come out sooner or later. I have been doing some research, and I am beginning to think it is an extra skin I was born with, almost like a septate hymen. Some of the skin is hanging out in a little skin strand, and the rest is blocking the hole itself! I have tried to see if there is an opening in the extra skin, but I cannot tell. I am not sure how to explain this clearly, but I would really like some help. I will eventually want to use tampons when I start my period, and I think this extra skin will not enable me to do this! Please help me!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013