15 year old son has patches of dry, peeling skin around upper lip, no relief with vaseline application. Eczema on arms. Remedy?

My 15 year old son (not yet shaving) has patches of dry, peeling skin around his upper lip , where a man s moustache might grow. He washes the area gently, applies vaseline (sometimes other moisturizers) regularly and yet this condition does not ever go away. He has had it for the last year or more. He has eczema on his arms, and I wonder if it is not related. Do you have any idea what this might be - it is not chapped lips - and how we can help him. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012