15 month old son got sudden weakness in legs, had fever 2 days back. Why ?

My 15 month old son got suddenly weakness on his legs why? He started yesterday,it happens twice. He was on my couch and he got down and try to walk but the legs got weakened and he fells. Today I sit him on his high chair, and when he finish to eat I put him down and he got his legs weakened again, I have to help him to stand up so he can start to walk again, he walks but it takes him a little bit to walk firm and strong again!! Why? Just to add, he had fever 2 days ago and receive his shots the 21 of last month and he fells and bump his head on the floor 4 days ago!!
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012

Thank you for your query.

Weakness in legs following fever needs to be taken seriously. I suggest that you consult your doctor who shall examine the child and ascertain a cause for it. He will have to do a complete neurological examination to try to find a cause for it as there are many causes for such weakness especially after a head injury following a fall and also the vaccination he had.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Feel free to revert back in case your require any clarification.

Wishing your son all the best....