14 year old with irregular periods, migraines and nose bleeding. Taking sodium valporate. What could be causing this?

my daughter is 14 and a half and has had her period for 18 months. she gets a period about every 3 months and struggles with hormonal reactions towards her period. she also gets migranes , and for the last 2 cycles has had a nosebleed in the 48 hours before her period starts. its debilitating but her doctor does not want to investigate and keeps trying to give me sodium valporate, amitriptolene or beta blockers as a preventative without actually trying to find a cause. im worried and not sure what to do
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013