12 year old with painless bruises on the lower spine. Need an immediate X-ray?

My 12 year old daughter has bruise type marks on her lower spine. I went to the doctors yesterday and they asked her a few questions:
1. Did the area cause her any pain? She said no
2. Was she having any problems going to the toilet, like doing wees and poos? She said no
3. Did she have any incontinence problems? She said no
I noticed the marks a few months ago and thought it was from when her and her sister were piggy backing each other and assumed she got them from that. But the bruises are still there. She doesn't complain about them and they don't cause her any pain. The doctor mentioned to keep an eye on it and if she gets any pain I was to go and get an x-ray. I have been up worrying most of the night. Should I go back to the doctors and ask for an x-ray just to be on the safe side?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013