10 year old child, nausea in the morning, loss of appetite. Prescribed phenergan for intestinal virus. Treatment for nausea?

My 10 year old boy is healthy and very active but for the last 3 weeks he has been nauseated. He is usually nauseated in the morning and doesn t want to eat - and he has always been a good breakfast eater. He gets nauseated through out the day? He tries to stay at school and stay in the soccer games but he just cant. The doctor told us two weeks ago that it was an intestinal virus and gave him phenergan to take as needed. He is worried that he is still dealing with this and so am I. He has no other symptoms so I wonder how the doctor would tell me anything different is wrong? Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012