10 weeks post partum, breastfeeding for 1 month, light period after child birth, now blood clots and heavy bleeding

Hi, I am 10 weeks post partum and only breastfed for the first month. I can still pump out a bit of milk even though now I formula feed. I just got my first post partum period but it is very light, just enough for a panty liner. This morning when I went to change it I noticed alot of clots in the toliet as well. My period symptoms are as bad as they would be with a heavy period. Is this normal? My doctor is out of town for two weeks so I am stuck.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012