10 month old has red bumps on eyelid, swollen. Anything to worry ?

My 10 month old baby boy had red bumps on his eyelid . It seems to be spreading a bit and a little swollen. It doesn t seem to bother him but I have no idea what cream to put on since its so close to his eye. Is this something to be concerned with and what can I do about it? He has no fever and doesn t touch his eyes except when hes sleepy.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Red bumps on the eyelid may be an eyelid infection or an allergy to an external agent. Since he has no fever or seems to be bothered by them they may be observed for a while. Check to see if the skin over the lesions appears red and flaky. You may try a mild antibiotic ointment like Chloramphenicol once at night on the lesions for a few days. It should settle soon.