1 year old having perineum growing together. What is this disease? Is estrogen cream safe?

Our pediatrician told us that the skin on my 1 year old daughters perineum is growing together a little and that we need to stretch it twice a day. Have you ever heard of this before, and if so, is there a name for it? I am concerned because she said that if stretching it doesn t work she will want us to use an estrogen cream on her. She is only a year old! I am NOT comfortable with that and I don t want her to have surgery. Thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013