1 year old had a surgery for PUV, gets fever often. Can crocin often cause harm to liver ?

Hi, I am Aarti. My Son is 1 year old, he underwent a surgery for PUV when he was 5 days old. Since then he keeps getting fever often. Though since 2-3 months he was better however from last 5 days he again has fever. Everytime we take him doctor they write crocin for him. I read that crocin is toxic for lever and shouldn t be used often, however sometimes we are left with no choice when we see him suffering in temperature. As of now he is on antibiotic and that would continue for next 3-4 years as he also has refluxes. My prime concern is his fever. Please advice what I should do.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012