1 month old. Having severe cough, nails bluish in color, difficult to breath. Treatment?

my nephew who is 1 month old has had a bad cough for the past week. his parents took him to the ER the other day and they said it was not RSV, but just the common cold that has been going around. Today his mother called me worried. he has been coughing A LOT today and she said his skin has become mottled. she said his lips are not blue, but his nail beds are a slightly bluish color and the mottling is all over. Which he did not have before. She said he was eating a little less than before and she said he looks like he is working a little harder to breath. I told her to go to the ER. Does mottled skin have anything to do with breathing difficulties in a 1 month old?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013