willsmz- tmp 800/160mg help with my sore throat YYYY@YYYY

Question
willsmz-tmp 800/160mg help with my sore throat
YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes... it would, provided it's the bacterial infection causing the sore throat.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for asking your health concern on HealthcareMagic platform.

SMZ-TMP 800/160 is a combination of two antibiotics (Trimethexazole &Trimethoprim). It is known to relieve infections and affect a wide range of bacteria.

It can cure your sore throat provided the causative bacteria are sensitive to the drugs. It will not affect an allergic or a viral sore throat.

The dosage of the drug depends on your physical condition, body weight and severity of symptoms.
In this scenario, you should consult your family physician for specific diagnosis, dosage of the drug & accompanied therapy as per need.

I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.