why is there a line going from my belly button to my vagina?

Oncologist
Question
why is there a line going from my belly button to my vagina
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considerations Detailed Answer: Hello & thank you for submitting your question. This line is a normal occurrence, caused by lines of closure of the abdomen/pelvis structures during development when you were a fetus. This line can be somewhat prominent in darker skinned individuals. It can also become more pronounced during pregnancy. Thank you for submitting your question & I hope this provided some insight. Take Care, Dr G

Follow-up: why is there a line going from my belly button to my vagina? 7 minutes later
No reason to worry about pregnancy correct

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: Hello again, Pregnancy can only be excluded with a pregnancy test. Pregnancy is just one cause of why this line can become darker in some individuals. If you are noticing abnormal coloration or darkening of skin or other areas of your body, please see your physician for a complete physical examination. All the best, Dr. G

Follow-up: why is there a line going from my belly button to my vagina? 1 minute later
But I've never had sex

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: Hello, Again, this line is very likely prominent due to your normal skin pigmentation, which can fluctuate with age and hormones. If you are not sexually active, then there is no need to consider pregnancy. If this line causes you great concern or if you have other symptoms, please see a physician for a physical examination & further reassurance. All the best, Dr G

Follow-up: why is there a line going from my belly button to my vagina? 10 hours later
When I workout, do you eat more because of calories burned??

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: Exercise increases metabolism, which increases expenditure of calories, which in turn can increase hunger. make sure to stay well hydrated wth water during and after exercise--this may help with increased hunger feelings additionally. Dr G