What doe my thyroid test results indicate?

Question
hello sir,I am male,24yrs.I have been having problems having full erection since past 1-2weeks. It has happened to me 1-2 times earlier in past 3yrs. Also twice or thrice it has happened to me that my erection didnt last for long. Although it has not been a problem always, I get erections normally but sometimes I faced this problem in the past and now its happening since last week. Also, I have been doing exercises in gym since my highschool and also having been on health supplements since past2-3yrs. I got my testosterone and thyroid tested 2days back and reports are as follows :- T3 - 97 T2 - 7.88 T3 - 5.08 TESTOSTERONE - 290 I am concerned about my sex and sex life. I do not want to spoil it, please help.
Posted Sat, 3 May 2014 in Sexual Health

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 29 minutes later
Brief Answer: please clarify the following points Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing www.healthcaremagic.com Your hormonal reports are normal except very mildly raised TSH. I suggest to repeat it. If again, it is more than 5 mol., you may be needed to prescribe thyroid supplement. There are many causes for ED, most common being psychological. If you keep on worrying on some issue like performance anxiety, penis size, masturbation guilt etc., you will get such problems off and on. So you have to think why are you worrying. Is there some thing bothering you regarding sexuality? How was your childhood in terms of sexual abuse? These are important issues. Is there history of drug abuse? Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Follow-up: What doe my thyroid test results indicate? 1 hour later
Thank you very much sir for your kind and honest reply. May I know the normal range of Testosterone level of a young male like me. Do I need to include any other thing in my diet to increase testosterone naturally? Sir, performance anxiety could be a reason. Please share,how can I overcome existing problem of ED. Should I get any other tests to check if everything is OK physically? Sir, my childhood have been great and I have not sufferred any sexual problem until yet. Being a regular gym goer, I was given testosterone supplement (menabol,andriol) more than 2yrs back by my trainer. For which I consulted a doctor, and acc to him I was ok as I didnt take it for too long (3months maximum),dosage was very low (10tab/day for 2 weeks of menabol,2cap/day of andriol for 2weeks). Also, I left it by tapering the dose. Could this be making a problem now? Also, Sir, please guide me on the use of health supplements (i.e. whey protein and soya protein).

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please focus on pleasure of sex Detailed Answer: Hello The normal range for testosterone varies with the methodology of estimation and which test has been done? Is it total testosterone or free testosterone level? please look at your report for normal range. Natural foods like apricot, water melon, black pepper, black lentils, cow ghee are good to enhance it. I don't think, past consumption of these food supplements are harming now. so relax but don't take these in future without medical advice. To overcome performance anxiety, try to focus on pleasure part only and not on the state of penis . Shifting focus away from penis is quite helpful. Balanced diet and moderate exercise are key for a good sex life. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA

Follow-up: What doe my thyroid test results indicate? 30 minutes later
thnk you sir. It was a thyroid and testosterone test, That is all I know. Should I consult a dietician for health supplements use & to increase testosterone level? Are there any other tests which I need to get done? Is this a serious problem? Other than thinking on pleasure part, should I do anything else? Also, I feel pain while getting an erection again immediately after mastuburating once or twice. Is that a problem too? why is that so? please help.

Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: please try to relax regarding your sexuality Detailed Answer: Hello, Please try to relax about your sexuality. No more tests are needed and no specific diet plan is required. You don't take analgesic because someday you may have pain. You take medicine only if you have pain Similarly, if there is no problem, only thing needed is enjoyment of pleasure, not running after a mirage of better and better sex. This is producing anxiety in you. Dr Saatiish Jhuntrraa