what causes gradual weight gain?

Question
Dr for the past 8 yrs no matter i do in am not loosing my weight i am increasing gradually 1 to 2 kgs a year I am 39 and a female
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX What is your current weight, height and body mass index? Have you tested your thyroid or ruled out diabetes any time? If you have any investigations done, let me know about the same. I do agree that it is very difficult to lose weight. However, with the right diet and exercise regimen, anyone can lose weight. It is possible. Awaiting the details from your end. Regards,

Follow-up: what causes gradual weight gain? 18 minutes later
What is your current weight, height and body mass index? I am 5.5 height, current 65 kg Have you tested your thyroid or ruled out diabetes any time? If you have any investigations done, let me know about the same. I have tested for thyroid and diabetes just about 3 mts back and it is nil I do agree that it is very difficult to lose weight. However, with the right diet and exercise regimen, anyone can lose weight. It is possible. Please suggest

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later
Brief Answer: detailed below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Your current weight seems to be apt for your height. Your BMI is 23.8 which is good. It's also good that you are negative for diabetes and thyroid dysfunction. Now, putting on an extra 1 to 23 kgs a year is normal for everyone. If you do not intend to put on more weight, you must exercise regularly and eat healthy. I would suggest you to do aerobic physical activity daily for about 40 mins. You can run on treadmill, do work-outs, cardios, all of these to burn calories. The more calories you burn, the better for you. You must make it a lifestyle to prevent increase in weight over years. Then, your diet must be healthy. Avoid all junk food, high fatty food. Take more of vegetable salads, and fruits. With these measures, you can maintain your weight in the ideal limit. Wish you good health. Regards,