the report which i have forwarded to u ,that is

Question
the report which i have forwarded to u ,that is after three days of medication... but she faces the same problem of throat infection and fever almost every month..so what is the permanent solution.. she don't any type of cold things.. every month she has same throat infection and due to throat infection she get a fever... her report are normal both thyroid and in eosonophil... what is the best medicine for throat infection and what are the casues and why she alwags throat infection..
Posted Sun, 3 Dec 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detaied answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi jignyasu.prusti,
Thanks for the query. I understand your concern.
* History of recurrent throat infection with fever can be commonly due to -
- viral infections due to weakness or low resistance
- Bacterial infections not irradicated with previous antibiotics due to bacterial resistance
-chronic toncillitis ./Streptococcal infections which are difficult to cure.
-exposure to irritants like fumes of chemicals or other allergens.( *The eosinophill count within normal limits can be due to the medicines given for 2 days ... so the treating doctor would be best judge to consider allergic cause as origine of problem.)
Infections like HIV in some cases,
* thyroid test is not relevant for sore throat.
In this scenario.... she needs A detailed ENT examination by an expert & investigations like complete blood count/ throat swab culture &sensitivity test (which would point type of causative bacteria &suitable antibiotic to take care of it.)& allergy screening test if needful.
*I would advise for consultation of an ENT specialist for complete assessment &specific advise.
* Self care: please take full course of medicines prescribed
- A diet with probiotics,vitamins &high proteins to raise resistance would help.
- Drink plenty of warm water & avoid dried throat with reinfection by viruses.
*Thus proper evaluation,expert advise &self care wouldhelp her in getting rid of the problem.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.

Follow-up: the report which i have forwarded to u ,that is 58 minutes later
you suggest ent doctors i should go.. so i wasted money here for nothing.. what u suggest mamthat i can get from Google... so if there is no help here then i paid 200 rupees for nothing... i want refund... no medicine and all... i knew i want to go ent that why i asked.. if no help here i need refund

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is some misundrstanding.

Detailed Answer:
Hi jigyansu.prysty,
I am sorry to read your reaction.let me justify my answer.
Prescribing for a recurrent infection in an unexamined patient is not correct...apart from this here there is recurrance of infection in spite of treatment given every month( because the antibiotic used was not effective ).. this itself indicates that before drug advise , patient needs to be throughly physically examined for the infection & also for her general health apart from being investigated to know about the causative organism &names of antibiotics useful for cure.
I hope now you understand how advising specific drug is impossible &improper in your case.
Thanks.