red, swollen chin, yellow seeping fluid, applied antibiotic, kept dye longer

I used Just for Men on my beard and now have a red, swollen, seeping chin. The fluid seeping is yellow and constant. I have applied double antibiotic ointment. The rash is only where the XXXXXXX was used and looks like a burn, not on other parts of the body as described by others. I used the XXXXXXX on Saturday evening and left it on longer than the directions stated. Any advice?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 22 minutes later

What you are having is allergic skin reaction.
At times when ever your skin gets irritated due to some chemical like the XXXXXXX in your case, the skin gets damaged,and this leads to local reaction.

The upper layer of skin gets damaged and due to this there is a trigger for allergic response and you have problem like redness,swelling etc.

Ideally you need to see a dermatologist.Antibiotics in this case will not help as this not an infection.You need and anti allergic tablet to limit the allergy reaction and decrease redness and itching.

You also need a mild steriod application to subside the local reaction.

After the reaction subsides you can apply any good mostruriser that will help the skin to recover normal texture.

Please see a dermatologist or your primary care physician.

I hope this answers your query,I will be available for follow up.