my son ayansh is 1 year old..there was one small

Pediatrician
Question
my son ayansh is 1 year old..there was one small red dot on his neck 3 days ago.. now 2 more red dots have appeared on his head..i am little concerned as i am not there with him..please advise what to do..i have attached the image..
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be insect bites

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and have checked the attached image. I understand your concerns. It is possibly due to some insect bite (could be mosquito bite) but does not seem to be a cause for concern. It should gradually normalize in 3-7 days. You could also apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion. If there seems to be itchiness associated, you can give some antiallergic like cetirizine drops.

It might take a few days to recover and so you need to be patient.
Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: my son ayansh is 1 year old..there was one small 13 hours later
thanka doc..2 more have come up today..attached the images - on hand and neck..looks like boil to me..can we apply apply some ointment which can work in both conditions - bites or boils..

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply some emollient/moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.

Detailed Answer:
You could also apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion. It can help both in case of bites and boils.