my fatherlaw has a chronic cough and has had it

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
my fatherlaw has a chronic cough and has had it for a about 6 months . he just had his galblater removed this week. he said the doc. said his cough was due to him having gallstones and that his cough would go away after about 2 months. we think hes just telling us that so we wont be in concerned about his cough any more . he doesn't smoke and never has but he is a retried truck driver. he drove for a powered concrett company for 25 years and we think theres more to his cough than what hes telling us should we be concerened about this or is this possible what he is telling us.and his cough is systoms of copd.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No, cough is not due to gall bladder problem.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Gall bladder diseases can not cause cough.
So I don't think his cough is due to gall bladder stones.
He is having chronic cough.
And he is also having exposure to powder concrete. So possibility of bronchitis is more likely in his case.
So he should consult pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
PFT will not only diagnose bronchitis but it will also tell you about severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only.
He might need inhaled bronchodilators (formoterol or salmeterol) and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) (budesonide or fluticasone).
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your father. Thanks.