hello, question ; I m a male , 63 yo.

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
hello, question ; I'm a male , 63 yo. I have been having 'flutters' about twice a day lasting 1 to 2 hours , deep under my left breast . wondering if was something concerning or not. ?? thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that taking into consideration your age and the symptoms which you are experiencing it seems like some irregularities in the heart rhythm is going on and this need to be evaluated.

I would like to suggest you that if possible get an ecg done during the episode of fluttering or if that's not possible kindly get a 48 hrs Holter monitoring done to find out the underlying problem.

Also I would like to suggest you get the following tests done

1. Complete Blood Count
2. Thyroid function test
3. Echocardiography

If you already have been through these kindly upload your reports for me to evaluate them.

Hope to have been helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap