hello, I have had active EBV for most of 9

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
hello, I have had active EBV for most of 9 years. Im concerned about long term prognosis and who should I see
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should to meet an ID specialist to define better the diagnosis.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for writing in healthcare magic.

First I need to know about the recent EBV serology result.
You should know that a severe chronic active EBV infection commonly occurs in children or adolescents, but rarely in adults.
A chronic active EBV usually is characterized by chronic illness lasting more than 6 months and an elevated titer of EBV-associated antibodies, pancytopenia, hemophagocytosis, disseminated intravascular coagulation, hepatosplenomegaly, and lymphadenopathy.

I suggest to meet a ID specialist to define better your diagnosis and prognosis as well.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Follow-up: hello, I have had active EBV for most of 9 5 days later
what is an ID specialist?
I was diagnosed with extreme levels of active EBV 9 years ago. i get good levels checked every 6 months and its been elevated for 9 years now . my last blood work shoed i was finally in normal range. I can tell its back due to extreme stress along with fatigue and soreness especially in the joints. ive lost 10 lbs in the last 2 months. i got a rash on both my lower arms, hair loss, sleep problems, anxiety and depression. this is the same feeling i get when it gets bad.What is the serology result? I've had elevate liver enzymes, enflamed spleen and had an ultrasound for that.
I read a lot on EBV and and it seems very common to get this as an adult. i probably did get it as a child like everyone does.

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
ID means infectious diseases specialist.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Serology means EBV associated antibody.
I suggest to meet an ID specialist to define better your diagnosis because maybe these symptoms are not related to chronic EBV.You should exclude a borreliosis as well.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.