diabetic and have Thyroids Disease. Gone through synthroids and on cytomel. Gained weight and feels down

Hi! I have Hashimotos Thyroids Disease. I have gone through the synthroids route, Then I found a doctor who gave me Armour and it was like a new world opened up for me. Unfortunately he stopped taking my insurance and now I am on 1 mcg of Synthroid and 10 mg. cytomel 3 times a day and I feel tired, gained weight and feeling somewhat down, not quite depressed yet. I also have type 2 diabetes. The doctor said because my A1C3 was 6.2 I was borderline and that I should go off the metformin. I'm a mess!
Are there any of you or do you know anyone in the New York area who might prescribe Armour and treat me like a Human instead of a computer?
Posted Fri, 9 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 21 minutes later

The following link will help you find an endocrinologist closer to you.

However, I will caution you that most endocrinologists will not prescribe armour thyroid. this is because the guidelines recommend the use of levothyroxine only, and not even cytomel.

Metformin is not approved for pre-diabetes, although it has been studied in this condition.