Yellow cough, fever at night, shortness of breath, had cold, cough and symptoms of bronchitis. Diet and home remedy?

it started with cold n short of breath. i had symptoms of bronchitis previous yr too. i immidetiately went to homeo doc as previously allopathic could not cure me correctly. anyways, due to early visit to doc, things did not get worse n things were recovering. now fever has gone. cold has gone but cough has started. cough is yellow in colour and usually comes out while coughing. in the day time, i only cough and nothing else. but it night little fever hits me and short of breath also startes with cough. i am not able to sleep.
I have my exams going on.
please suggest something. please tell me the precautions too as i think i am taking something wrong in my food which is causing all these problems.
please tell me home remedies too.

thanks in advance
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 31 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long are you having current symptoms?
2.) Do you have fatigue?
3.) Do you have blood coming out while coughing?
4.) Do you smoke or do you have air pollution in your place of stay?

Your History suggests you have Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis which is the Inflammation of Bronchial Tubes. Kindly get yourself examined by a chest Physician so that he/she may examine you and run a battery of tests if necessary to conform it like,

1.) Chest X-ray.
2.) Lung Function Tests.
3.) Sputum Culture.
4.) Blood Work

Once confirmed, the treatment involves, steroid inhalers or Bronchodilators, Antibiotics, Cough suppressants and expectorants and Breathing exercises.

In addition to these, follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Avoid smoking if you do.
2.) Wear a face mask when you go out in polluted environment.
3.) Use a Humidifier at home. Warm, moist air helps relieve coughs and loosens mucus in your airways.
4.) Drink plenty of water.
5.) Get adequate rest and avoid stress.
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Yellow cough, fever at night, shortness of breath, had cold, cough and symptoms of bronchitis. Diet and home remedy? 6 hours later
normal cough has lead to be simple bronchitics. from 16th cold started which got finished on 19th. and from 19th bronchitics started. for fatique, answer is yes. I m facing tiredness and there s stress to in my life at present as i have my exam XXXXXXX I dont smoke at all. No just particles come to me as mostly i live in ACs.
will u b able to give me medicines.?
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 17 hours later

Thank you for Writing back to me.

I am sorry to tell you this that I cannot Prescribe you Medications which Involves antibiotics as well which cannot be Prescribed without Proper Physical Examination and necessary tests to confirm Bronchitis.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Chest Physician at the earliest before your Symptoms worsen.

Just follow the advice I have given you earlier, stick to your treatment Plan and go for regular follow up.

All the Best and Wish you very Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.