Xray showing significant L5 tilt and have burning sensation in left leg. What could it be?

Spine Surgeon
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX D Chaudhari Spine Surgeon I already discussed with you regards to my mothers back pain and spine burning sensation till the left leg. I had mentioned aboty some tests also . The reports are mention below. Please suggest. Mri: small Pid L5-S1 with possible irritation of the left S1 root. Xray: no instability but significant L5 tilt on standing view Blood: All normal; vitD : borderline BMD: T Score lumber spine (-)0.9 Adivse by doctor: Can try root block 1. Medicine : XXXXXXX Galin75 mg twice daily 3 weeks
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Consider doing nerve root block Detailed Answer: She has leg pain due to Left S1 nerve root irritation. Definitely nerve root block will give her relief. This procedure is relatively risk free and can be repeated if needed to get the prolong pain relief. Most of the time the nerve root irritation is episodic in nature. After pain relief you can start physiotherapy aggressively and that will resolve the issue. So I would advise to consider nerve root block for pain relief. Thanks.
Follow-up: Xray showing significant L5 tilt and have burning sensation in left leg. What could it be? 14 minutes later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for your quick reply. My mother has consumed around 30 tabs of Nugaba then 70 tabs of Laryca and then 20 tabs of Dulane in recent two months. She got relief from pain, but still the burning sensation still persists. Now the question is that is this the right time (Lets say by another two days) to go for root block without taking maxgalin, OR shall we wait for few more days and consume maxgalin for those days and then undergo the root block? Is root block is a temporary solution or permanent? Please suggest.. Thanks in Advance XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: still consider doing block Detailed Answer: Burning sensation is neurological symptoms and hopefully it will resolve once nerve root irritation lessens. Block is not a permanent solution however it can give relief for long time. Right now aim is to get rid of this episode. As I said once she recovers from this episode then she may not come back for a long time. Every patient is unique and difficult to tell about the time duration. You can do the block any time and it does not depend upon medicines she is taking right now. I think its worth a shot!!! risk is minimal and and definitely it will be beneficial. Thanks.
Follow-up: Xray showing significant L5 tilt and have burning sensation in left leg. What could it be? 11 hours later
Hi Doctor as you were telling us that once the pain is relieved by Root Block we can start aggressive physiotherpy. What type of physiotherpy should we start. My mother was taking IFT and Tracsion. anything you want to suggest
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 7 hours later
Brief Answer: exercise of the back Detailed Answer: After pain relief we can start active muscle exercise of the back, gluteal and hip region. Thanks.