X-Ray of the chest view shows calcified foci left side with Bronchitis. Is it an ailment?

I am 54 yrs old (F) . My X-Ray Chest PA. view shows Lung fields calcified foci left upper & left infraclavicular region increased bronchovascular marking both lower zones
Both C P angles clear
Both dome of diaphragm are normal
Both hilar shadows are prominent
Cardiac shadow is within normal limits

Impression. Calcified Foci left side with Bronchitis

Have no ailment , Fewer or Health problem .? What does it mean ?

Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing in,

Calcified spots develop as a result of chronic (old) changes. Though it would be hard to determine what caused these spots to occur, theoretically it may have occurred due to the following:
- Old tuberculosis lesion in the lungs; it is possible that you might have disease in the past or might be present in sub clinical level produced no sign and symptoms of the disease.
- Chronic bronchitis or other infective lung disease in the past is also a possibility.

However as you are asymptomatic at present, there is no reason to worry. As other parameters are normal like no fever and good health, you can leave this X-ray report behind and forget it. But if you have any doubts and would like to clarify it, then go for CBC (complete blood count) and ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) to rule out any present infection.

I hope you understand about bronchitis very well. Else let me know, I will be happy to address it as well. If you have any further query or any clarification, please ask.