Would like to take Desoxin for AHDA and tiredness. What is the opinion?

Hello Docter,

I would like to try Desoxin for my AHDA and my tiredness. What is you opinion> I am 62 years old and can not function on my job. I can not read much without giving up althought I have two kids in university.
Thank you

Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Suited for AHDA. Needs careful plan and monitoring

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Desoxyn is indicated and approved for the management of AHDA. Taken in low concentrations, it is possible to experience improved fatigue from taking this drug.

However, there are a few considerations that must be carefully considered before prescribing thus drug. This drug has some side effects, and anything unusual noticed while taking the drug should be reported to the physician. An initial dose taken once daily, with low doses from the start of therapy is the normal practice. Once treatment is started, getting off treatment could lead to rebounding, causing an increase in emotional lability and impulsivity, or a worsening of presenting symptoms. Reason why a carefully and compulsory medical follow up is needed.

I therefore suggest you XXXXXXX your primary care doctor for a careful planning of a feasible management plan. Kind regards and hope this helps. Feel free asking further questions in case you got any specific concerns. kind regards

Dr Rogers